Saturday, November 22, 2008

Woebegone

I went all woebegone while trying to sleep last night. I think it may be the suspense of waiting for a job call, or being alone at home and realizing how spoiled one can get, or maybe 'cause of missing loves, or all these combined...

WOOOoooooo... be gone!...

So I read my favourite book to sleep. It's not a typical fiction where a hero fights crime and solves mysteries and with happy endings. It's "tuesdays with Morrie", a book about life.

It's a book. You read it.

This book teaches what it means to live, what it means to share, what it means to give it all you have for anything you've done and will do. I was and am always a person who wants to know it all, try it all. It's in my nature (that's where my ideal is from). And I CRAVE to share it amongst my peers. After all, it feeds into the other belief of mine - look at the very bottom of my blog.

I pushed myself to workout again today, despite being in pain here and there. After all, working out at the gym is such a wonderful activity; it provides drive, it gives strength, it prolongs endurance, it beautifies the body, it rejuvenates the soul, it creates life.

*Embrace*

My workout went out this way:
  • Seated Cycle - 5min to 180hbps (heart beats per sec)
  • Crunches - 24rep
  • Leg Raises - 12rep
  • Two Leg Plank - 1 min
  • One Leg Plank - 1 min/side
  • Concentrated Bicep Curls - 12rep/side x 2
  • Bicep Arm Curls - 6 rep/side (arms were dying on me)
  • Dumbbell Pull-up - 12 rep/side x 2 (switched to shoulders)
  • Calf Pulldown - 12rep x 2
Not bad I'd say, considering the pain still lingering from last time. Cardio will be for tomorrow.

Planet Earth...Kevin mentioned this and I'm like "waaa~ someone else likes to watch it too!!" None of my friends were intrigued when I told them I bought the whole disc set and asked them to watch (grrr...). Now I feel jealous and left out... <_<

It wasn't Planet Earth that I liked the most though. It was the Blue Planet series that came along with the set.

Planet Earth series, BBC box set, and Blue Planet

Blue Planet intrigues me. Not because of the cute dolphins and babies seals, but because there's so much mysteries under all that blue stuffz invading our land: like my little friend here.

Hi! Remember me?! I gots me pancakes and wanta more!

Ate a big dinner today. Half a chicken, head of broccoli, and angel hair with homemade pesto sauce. Perfect for a day's end!

Homemade Pesto..with Sharp Old Cheddar!!

Full dinner set, with lots of veggies and protein! Perfect for a growing boy~

Oh! All gone...

Now who wants to clean the mess for me?
Ah forget it, I'll use magic..
Abracadabra aaaaaand...

.

..

...

Pretzel! (WTF indeed. search 'pretzel' on google image)

Hey! The magic worked! Thanks Anka-3enbtuep!

*grumbles*... *MEOW!!*

7 comments:

garçon said...

hey...i chanced upon ur blog while blog-cruising and this post completely intrigued me. i love tuesdays with morrie for all the reasons u mentioned. the book completely changed my life! its such an inspiration, i use it as a text to inspire my students. and planet earth? i tot i was the only freak that likes it... hahaha...as it turned out thats more people like me! i'm impressed by ur cooking... yumm...tantalising! but hey, dun push yourself too far with the workout regime alrite... take care!

Anonymous said...

sigh... yes i must exercise again!

WOW u have the whole series, blue planet!! i want to watch >< not fair

Shiuji said...

Ya... But u didn't rate for my post... haiz...

So good boy, u clean all the dish yourself... good...haha... Today I didnt go GYM, because my muscle still pain!!!

Ad Infinitum said...

Will cardio be done at the shopping centre again? :P my favourite kind of workout!
Don't be a whip hog! share the whip! Heck, I've got my own whip at the bottom of my self, I need to do some spring cleaning, maybe i'll take a picture of it once i'm done :O KINKY-NESS

Shiuji said...

I can't find full version at youtube. So today I went to bought the DVD... haha...

you ask me careful of what? I sure cry de! no need to be careful... haha...

Can I have you msn? or u add me roy_ckwai88@msn.com

thx ya..

Unknown said...

your entry today was kinda inspirational.

all these pearls... all in your blog. who woulda thought?!

^^WiLLY LaM^^ said...

hey, that is really a recommendable book. i love that book as well...

are you using polar watch to measure your heart beat as well? which model you are using now?

i really hope my hubby could cook something special for me... all he has cooked for me was just a fast noodle... haiz...